The LOOPs (Local Opportunities for Older People) phoneline is run by Volunteer Edinburgh and gives information, support and sign posting to anyone in Edinburgh who is aged 65 or over. We can help you find out about what services and support is available to you or to find things to do within your neighbourhood. The phoneline is open Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm and as well as individuals 65 or over we can help professionals working with clients in this age group or family and friends supporting people aged 65 and over.
Staffed by friendly, encouraging, highly trained volunteers the helpline provides a highly personalised service. We take time to discuss with you what your situation is, your needs and your aspirations. Using our wealth of experience and knowledge we research what is available and we even make calls on your behalf before providing you with all information that you could need.
As well as calling the phoneline on 0131 603 8311 or you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our volunteer helpline advisors will:
- Enjoy a chat with you to find out what you are interested in or what support or help you are looking for.
- Offer a variety of options and provide information on activities for older people.
- Promptly follow up with people who have contacted the phoneline.
- Provide you with a fully personal service.
- Promote events to encourage people to remain healthy.
- Send out a newsletter that is distributed on local activities.
If you would like more information on LOOPs phoneline project please contact Heather Yang email@example.com or call 0131 561 8314.
Find out more about the LOOPs phoneline, talk to people who have used the service or share it with your friends on the LOOPs Facebook Page or Twitter Feed.
There are also LOOPs Community Navigator projects across the city that meet people in the local area or offer an in-reach service. Contacts are as follows:
Elidih and Ryan at Pilton Equality Project
0131 315 4466
Mary and MargaretAnn at Pilmeny Development Project
0131 553 2559
Edyta at Health in Mind
0131 225 8508
Jenny at Health in Mind
0131 225 8508
- Stephen Faithfull – 8 March 2017