This session will be led by Caroline Gibb from the Equality and Rights Network (EaRN), and discussion will include:
- What do we mean by equality and diversity?
- Why is promoting equality and diversity important?
- What do we mean by discrimination?
- How can organisations promote equality and diversity in volunteering?
We will look at the current legislation around equality, as well as the importance of identity and an intersectional approach. It will be an informal session with opportunities to share experiences and ask questions.
Who is the event for? Volunteer Managers
When? Date: 27 June 2017, Time: 10.00am - 11.00am
Where? Wester Hailes Library, 1 West Side Plaza, Edinburgh, EH14 2ST
Enquiries Please contact Caroline Gibb on 0131 561 8313 or email her at email@example.com
Use the below form to book your place at this event
- You will be invoiced for your booking. Please do not send payment now.
- Bookings are subject to confirmation by the Volunteer Centre.
- All bookings are non-refundable.
- We generally limit places to two bookings per organisation per course.
- If you need to book more than one place on the course, please submit another form for that person.
- Stephen Faithfull – 27 June 2017
Case Study – Interview with Jess Wade, RNIB - Investing in Volunteers (IiV)